Gelatin Foundation Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Great Lakes Gelatin
- ½ cup cold liquid
- 1-1/2 cups hot liquid
Soften gelatin in ½ cup cold liquid. Dissolve thoroughly in 1-1/2 cups very hot liquid with desired flavorings and sweetening included as part of liquid measure. Pour into 2 cup mold and chill until firm before unmolding.
Green Post Workout Smoothie with Great Lakes Gelatin® Collagen Hydrolysate
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Great Lakes Gelatin® Collagen Hydrolysate
- 1 cup ice
Toss all in a blender and whirl
Antioxidant Shake with Great Lakes Gelatin® Collagen Hydrolysate
- ½ Cup Greek Yogurt or 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbls Great Lakes Gelatin® Collagen Hydrolysate
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- A handful of almonds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
In a large cup (if using an immersion blender) or a blender, combine ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more water if necessary to reach desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Homemade Frappuccino with Great Lakes Gelatin® Collagen Hydrolysate
PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
SERVINGS: 6 Servings
- 12 ounces, Very Strong Brewed Coffee Or Espresso, Chilled
- 8 ounces Whole Milk (more To Taste)
- 1/3 cup Sweetened, Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1/2 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (more if desired!)
- Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup Half-and-Half (optional)
2 TBSP Great Lakes Gelatin® Collagen Hydrolysate ( add and blend before adding ice)
To make Vanilla Frappuccino: Add Collagen Hydrolysate, coffee, milk, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla to a blender. Top off blender with ice and blend until smooth and icy. (Add half-and-half if you'd like it to be a little richer and creamier.) Serve in a glass with whipped cream on top.
To make Mocha Frappuccino: Add Collagen Hydrolysate, coffee, milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and chocolate syrup to a blender. Top off blender with ice and blend until smooth and icy. (Add half-and-half if you'd like it to be a little richer and creamier.) Serve in a glass with whipped cream on top.
To make a Mocha Chip Frappucchino: Add Collagen Hydrolysate, coffee, milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, chocolate syrup, and chocolate chips to a blender. Top off blender with ice and blend until smooth and icy, with tiny chocolate bits throughout. (Add half-and-half if you'd like it to be a little richer and creamier.) Serve in a glass with whipped cream on top, and drizzle the whipped cream with chocolate syrup or dot with more chocolate chips.
Lean and Green Shake with Great Lakes Gelatin® Collagen Hydrolysate
- 2 TBS Great Lakes Gelatin® Collagen Hydrolysate
- 1 Tsp Natural Vanilla flavoring
- ¼ small avocado
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp raw almond butter
- ⅛ Tsp ground cinnamon
- 8-10 ounces unsweetened almond, coconut or cashew milk
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Combine the Collagen Hydrolysate, fiber blend, avocado, spinach, almond butter, cinnamon, milk.
- Mix on high until smooth.
- Add ice cubes. Mix on high until smooth
- Thin with additional cold water, if desired.
Aunt Debby's Protein Bars with Great Lakes Gelatin® Collagen Hydrolysate
- 2 1/2 cups Oats
- 1 cup dried Cranberries
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (shelled)
- 1 - 14 oz. condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Collagen Hydrolysate (pure protein powder)
Mix dry ingredients together. Warm the condensed milk in microwave. Pour over dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Press firmly into 13 x 9 pan sprayed with olive oil. Bake 1 hour 250 degrees.
To cut when cool turn pan upside down on cutting board flip over and cut with sharp knife. Variations: Crushed dark chocolate chips, shaved almonds, or anything else you may want to substitute for something above.
Calming Lemony Hibiscus Gummy Bites
- 1 Cup Brewed Chamomile Tea
- 2 Cups Brewed Hibiscus Tea
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup raw
- 3 Tablespoons Great Lakes Gelatin® Beef or Pork Gelatin
- Brew tea, pour all ingredients except the gelatin into a sauce pan.
- Heat on medium until warm, then turn down to low heat.
- Blend all ingredients well until completely mixed (you may want to use an immersion blender).
- Add gelatin and mix well (using the immersion blender if possible).
- Pour into a pan or gelatin mold.
- Let cool.
- Place in refrigerator for two hours.
Strawberry Rhubarb Gummies
- Ingredients: 10 oz frozen strawberries
- 10 oz fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Great Lakes Gelatin® Beef Gelatin (red can)
- 1/4 cup honey
- pinch of sea salt and Stevia to taste
- Add the strawberries and rhubarb to a medium sized pot and simmer until the rhubarb is tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add the water, lemon juice, and honey to a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Gradually whisk the gelatin into the water, lemon juice and honey. Continue to simmer and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add the strawberries and rhubarb to a blender with a vent. Pour the dissolved gelatin mixture in and blend.(OR use a stick blender to puree all the liquids.)
- Add a pinch of sea salt and stevia to taste. (I used about 10 drops of stevia.)
- Pour the puree into a large rectangular baking dish and refrigerate to set.
- Use cookie cutters or slice into squares.
Cafe Latte Gummy Bears
- 1 cup strong coffee or decaf coffee or dandelion coffee substitute
- 3 tbsp Great Lakes Gelatin® Beef Gelatin
- 2 cups full fat canned coconut milk (or 1 13-15 oz can)
- 1/2 tsp stevia powder extract or 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Mix the coffee and the gelatin in a bowl.
- Heat up the coconut milk over medium heat until it is warm.
- Add the coffee mixture and sweetener and stir for two minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a greased ice tray or silicone gummy bears mold.
- Refrigerate for one hour or until set.
- Serve and enjoy.
Gut Healing Blueberry Gummies
- Great Lakes Gelatin® Unflavored Gelatin in Beef or Pork
- 4 tbsp
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 2/3 cup Lemon juice
- Place lemon juice and blueberries into a heavy sauce pan, and heat over medium heat.
- Stir blueberries, and allow to cook until the liquid is steaming, and the blueberries are plump.
- Place lemon juice and blueberries into a high speed blender, or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Remove the lid, and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Add 4 tablespoons of Great Lakes Gelatin to the blender, and blend again until smooth.
- Pour mixture into candy molds, or a 9x9 glass dish, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- 2 cups juice (our favorite is Naked juice brand with no added sugar)
- 1 cup water (optional depending on how firm you want your gummies)
- 1/3 cup honey or to taste
- 1/2 cup Great Lakes Gelatin® Beef or Pork Gelatin
Combine all ingredients in a pan. Heat on low heat until gelatin has dissolved. Do not boil.
Pour into an oiled pan ( I usually make a double batch and use a 9x13 pan) may be refrigerated for quicker results but room temperature overnight works as well. Cut into squares or use a cookie cutter for fun shapes and refrigerate. Silicone molds work great to! Enjoy!
Vitamin C Enhanced Gummies
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil (for greasing)
- 7 tablespoons Great Lakes Gelatin® Beef or Pork Gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 4 tablespoons Raw honey (optional)
- 6 teaspoon Vitamin C Powder - each teaspoon is 500mg of Vitamin C
- Fun mold shapes, or small glass baking dish
- Begin by greasing your molds or glass baking dish with the coconut oil, set aside
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, mix the juice, gelatin and honey
- Heat until gelatin fully dissolves and becomes syrup-like
- Stir in the remaining ingredients
- Once the mixture is completely liquid, remove from heat
- Immediately pour into molds, or baking sheet
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes, or fridge for 30min-1hr
- Remove from molds, or cut into squares
Can also use lemon/lime for a sour taste, or use vitamin suggestions here:
- Natural Calm Magnesium
Cold and Flu Home Remedy Recipe
- 8oz hot water
- 1 tbs Great Lakes Gelatin® Beef or Pork Gelatin
- 1-2 tbls honey
- Slice of fresh lemon (Squeezed)
Slowly pour the hot water over the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Stir in the honey and lemon.
Soothes sore throats and settles upset stomach
Wellness Mama's Homemade Dog Treats
With both coconut oil and coconut flour, these treats offer a double dose of coconut.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Great Lakes Gelatin® Beef or Pork Gelatin powder
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of water
- 2 medium cooked sweet potatoes (remove the skins after cooking)
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together to form a dough. Form the dough into 1" balls, place the treats on a baking sheet and flatten each one with the back of a spoon.
Bake for approximately 20 minutes in a 350-degree oven. Let the treats cool, then store them in the refrigerator. They'll stay fresh in an air-tight container for several weeks. If you prefer, double the batch and freeze the second batch.
Pretty Fluffy's No Bake Coconut Dog Treats
These tasty treats only take minutes to make.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil,
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats,
- ¼ Cup Great Lakes Gelatin® Collagen Hydrolysate
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut.
Mix the first four ingredients well. Form the mixture into bite-size pieces and roll them in the shredded coconut.
Put the treats on tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate them for 30 minutes before offering one to your dog. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.